Part-Time Pastry Chef/Cake Decorator
We are so excited to announce the upcoming opening of our first storefront at 255 Main Street, West Orange, NJ!!
We are thrilled to be joining all of the talented local shops and eateries that are helping to transform Main Street into a vibrant community and amazing atmosphere. We are currently looking to fill a few positions at our store, including the following:
Part-Time Pastry Chef/Cake Decorator. We are scheduled to open in late March/early April 2018 which is when we'd be looking to have this position start.
Candidate Profile Summary
We are looking for someone with passion, drive, and experience creating high-quality baked goods. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and is a team player. He/She goes above and beyond to ensure our customers have a great experience. This person has a commitment to consistency, pays attention to detail, is organized, and possesses strong time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow recipes to prepare a variety of menu items from scratch with little to no instruction
- Demonstrate a passion for baking and creating
- Take and follow direction
- Convey a willingness to experiment with new flavors and ideas and think outside the box in creating new products
- Be responsible for proper storage, labeling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and maintain cost control
- Establish priorities and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ensure overall cleanliness and health standards are being met
- Consistently possess a positive and happy demeanor
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning tasks as per cleaning schedule
Credentials and Experience
- Pastry Arts Certificate or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- ServSafe Certificate a must
- Experience in a bakery setting required
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds physically
- Experience with piped goods required
- Experience with cake decorating, macarons, meringues and other pastries a plus
- Experience in the customer service field a plus
All qualified applicants are welcome to apply via email with the subject line "Jobs." Applicants must submit an email containing a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. While we thank all individuals for applying, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.